Early access software refers to a developmental stage in software release where a working version of the software is made available to the public before it is officially completed. This concept is often used in the video game industry, but can apply to any software development. Here are some key characteristics:
- Beta Testing: Early access usually involves releasing a beta version of the software. This version is functional but may still contain bugs or incomplete features.
- Feedback and Development: The main purpose of early access is to gather feedback from users. This feedback is used to further develop and refine the software, fixing bugs, improving performance, and adding features.
- Community Engagement: Early access creates a community around the software. Users who participate often feel a sense of ownership and contribution towards the development process.
- Risks and Expectations: Users of early access software should expect some level of instability or incomplete features. There is also a risk that the software may never reach its final form due to various factors like funding or development challenges.
- Regular Updates: Developers usually update early access software regularly to fix bugs and add features, keeping the user community engaged and involved in the development process.
Why early access?
We are creating a first in industry application that is designed to achieve our long held goal of putting property data at the finger tips of Real Estate lawyers. We are excited to make our REI software available during its development because we believe that having feedback and input from potential users is the best way to ensure we create a best in class solution. Please join us as we add additional features, enhanced functionality and further data knowing that you can influence how the final product will be delivered.
Approximately how long will REI be in Early Access?
Additional content, features and polishing is expected to take up to 3 months followed by planned integration into the new Commercial Real Estate software on our new platform in spring 2024.
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
We will have completed the training of all 348 Local Authorities to the highest standard of accuracy as well as adding additional core features such as the comparison tool and portfolio review tools.
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
We are going live with 80 Local Authorities at full accuracy along with over 180 more well on the way to achieving that level. We have created a review tool that summarises the content of a LLC1 & Con29 report, highlighting sections that require further review. We also allow users to see the extracted and categorised LLC1 and Con29 data alongside the original document coupled with the ability the tag, share and amend that data. We are most excited to have also included a question and answer tool using generative AI that allows the user to either use a set of default prompts or to write their own questions to query the data. All of this data can be copied and used by clients in whatever why meets their needs.